This is the Swedish Edition of ReRR and it is probably not the last. The Swedes seem to have pop music in their blood! Roxette, The Cardigans, Ace of Base, Robyn, The Tallest Man on Earth, ceo, iamamiwhoami, First Aid Kit, Lykke Li and, of course, ABBA are more than enough reasons to listen to the wonders coming out of that country. You can listen to the semi-extended version of this playlist on Youtube here.
5. Niki & The Dove just came out with a new album called Instinct. “Tomorrow” is by far my favorite song of theirs.
4. iamamiwhoami- “o”. This song gets me because of the singing of “love” fading in and out. For some reason, I can listen to that on repeat for ages.
3. Lykke Li – “I Follow Rivers”. This song is great but the video is captivating. The wintry snow, big coats, waves crashing on ice, and almost endless pursuing of the man in the video make me want to visit Sweden post-haste.
2. Robyn – “Dancing On My Own”. I didn’t exactly forget about Robyn but when this song was featured on Girls, I just had to play it again and again. I haven’t gotten sick of it yet so hopefully you won’t either.
1. ABBA – “Take A Chance On Me”. ABBA is the oldest group from Sweden that I love but it doesn’t mean I love them any less. If it had come out when I was alive, I probably would have dismissed it as being too mainstream. However, digging it up and enjoying it now is a treat that I can’t imagine giving up.