Is there a point in buying an iPhone 5? On principle alone, you shouldn’t buy the newest tech toy because it inevitably comes down in price or is replaced by something better very shortly after its appearance in the market. So, is it truly worth it?
- The screen is bigger so that means more apps fit on it.
- It’s faster than the 4S.
- It has a panorama mode and the camera is better (even though it is still only 8 megapixels).
- You’ll make your friends jealous.
- It has all the updates that iOS 6 had, unlike the iPhone 4 which doesn’t get Siri, doesn’t get turn-by-turn navigation on maps, and doesn’t get basically anything else cool.
- You can Facetime over 3G/4G. But who does that, anyway?
- The screen is bigger so maybe it won’t fit in your pocket as easily.
- You have to buy new accessories for it, including the charger which isn’t cheap.
- It’s super expensive unless you want to sign away your life to AT&T or Verizon (or Sprint?) for two years.
- There’s going to be another new one in a year.
- We don’t know how much Steve Jobs was involved with it so it may just be a pile of crap that people are pouring money into.
All I can say is that my iPhone 4 looks like a dinosaur now.