Hurricane Sandy may be putting a damper on your raving schedule but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. You have either a) chosen to leave home for the comfort of a hotel room or some poor relative’s couch or b) chosen to stick it out and wait for the inevitable: windy days and drinking wine while the power goes out and your cell phone loses battery. If you’re reading this, the internet (or your phone battery) has not run out yet. If this is the case, enjoy our list of things to keep you semi-entertained.
Don’t lose hope! The government will take care of us…right?
Ideas for making this scary time a little more manageable:
- Pretend like this is the end of the world and write some letters to the aliens that will take over the earth. Or write letters to your unborn child about who Chairlift is and why they were so awesome.
- Throw a Frankenstorm costume party! Winner of the most thought out costume gets an extra hurricane mixed drink. Alternately, plan your Frankenstorm costume.
- If the power goes out, play Scrabble!
- Read some of the interviews we’ve had with rising music (and other) acts!
- Listen to this song about how sharks are big and scary. It will allay your fears fo’ shizzle!
- Make a list of what other jobs Ryan Seacrest should take up.
- Reminisce about the days when you read Newsweek in print instead of reading the Daily Beast on Twitter on your iPhone.
- Check out my iPhone cases that make you look cool, cool, cool.
- While we’re on that subject, watch Community on Hulu! #sixseasonsandamovie
- Listen to the story of The Hurricane by Bob Dylan
What are you doing to keep yourself occupied?